HOW PROLACTINOMA CAN BE TREATED IN AYURVEDA?
When a noncancerous tumor (adenoma) of the pituitary gland in the brain overproduces the hormone prolactin, the condition is known as prolactenoma. This results in decreased levels of some sex hormones i.e. estrogen in women and testosterone in men. Although this condition? is not life-threatening but it can impair your vision, can cause infertility and produce other effects. ?Prolactinoma is the most common type of hormone-producing tumor which can develop in the pituitary gland.
Sign and Symptoms:
Usually there may be no noticeable signs or symptoms from prolactinoma. Usually, signs and symptoms may be due to excessive prolactin in THE blood ?or from pressure on surrounding tissues from a large tumor. Because elevated prolactin can disturb the functioning of reproductive system.
In both sexes, prolactinoma can cause:
- Low bone density is common symptom.
- Reduction in the production of other hormone production by the pituitary gland (hypopituitarism) as a result of tumor pressure
- Loss of libido.
- Frequent Headaches.
- Visual disturbances and infertility.
?Symptoms in females:
- ?No menstrual periods (amenorrhea) or Irregular menstrual periods (oligomenorrhea).
- Recurrent Milky discharge from the breasts (galactorrhea) when not pregnant or breast-feeding
- Painful coitus due to vaginal dryness.
- Acne and excessive facial and body hair growth (hirsutism)
Symptoms in males:
- Erectile dysfunction is the commonest symptom.
- Decreased facial and body hair.
- Uncommonly, enlarged breasts.
Women tend to notice signs and symptoms earlier than men do, when tumors are smaller in size, probably as they?re alerted by missed or irregular menstrual periods. Men tend to notice signs and symptoms later, when tumors are larger and more likely to cause headache or vision problems.
Mostly prolactinomas occur in women between 20 to 34 years old, but can occur in both sexes at any age. The disorder is usually rare in children.
Complications of prolactinoma are:
- Vision loss:?If left untreated, a prolactinoma may grow large enough to compress your optic nerve.
- Hypopituitarism:?Larger prolactinomas tends to put pressure on the normal pituitary gland which causes dysfunction of other hormones which are controlled by the pituitary, resulting in hypothyroidism, adrenal insufficiency and growth hormone deficiency.
- Bone loss (osteoporosis).?Increased prolactin can reduce production of the hormones estrogen and testosterone which results in decreased bone density and an ?increased risk of osteoporosis.
- Pregnancy complications.?In a normal pregnancy, the production of estrogen increases. If ?there is a large prolactinoma during pregnancy, it causes high level of estrogen which may cause tumor growth and associated signs and symptoms, such as headaches and changes in vision.
WHAT IS THE AYURVEDIC VIEW OF PROLACTINOMA?
As brain is the part of nervous system, Ayurveda considers the brain as majja dhatu and part of the majjavaha srotas. As the majja dhatu really relates to anything which fills an empty hollow space.The Ayurvedic explanation of dhatu formation agrees with the western, scientific understanding of the impact of pituitary gland dysfunction on the reproductive system. As the sixth dhatu i.e. majja dhatu precedes the formation of shukra dhatu (ovaries and testes) and then provides the posaka (unstable) majja to the shukra agni to transform posaka majja into shukra. If the formation of majja dhatu and posaka majja is not proper there is faulty shukra agni, then the formation quality, quantity and function of shukra and artava dhatu will be disturbed which leads to this problem.
HOW PROLACTINOMA CAN BE TREATED IN AYURVEDA?
Chandigarh Ayurved Centre has prepared pure herbal and excellent products which will help in maintainig the levels of prolactin in the body in natural way. The kit named ?Prolactin Care Kit? has five products, the details of the products are:
1. Detox Premium Powder:
This powder is made up of different ingridients like Moti Pishti, Parwal Pishti, Shukta Pishti, Giloy Satav, Kamdudha Ras, Jahar Mohra, Akik Pishti, Gandhak Rasayan, Tal Sindoor, Shankh Bhasma, Sutshekhar Ras, Sudhyog Tab, Shwet Parpati, Yavakshaar etc. These products show Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal, Immuno-modulator. It helps in overall detoxification of the body also helps in Maintainining general health. Provides cooling & calming effect. Strengthens the body.
Recomended dose:?Take one sachet twice a day with normal water.
2. Re Fresh Tablet
Re Fresh Tablet?is a pure herbo-mineral formulation prepared from best quality of herbs. This tablet is?best for female mental and physical health,?also helps to?boost up the immunity. The herbal ingredients present in these tablets are used to?maintain person?s health and refreshes the mind and body. These tablets?improves digestion, eliminates constipation, stress, nourishes brain,? acts as analgesic, anti-inflammatory, etc.
Recommended Dose: Take two tablet twice a day with normal water.
3. Femine Care:
The herbs used for formulation of these tablets show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, immuno-modulator properties.
Recommended Dose: Take one capsule twice a day with normal water.
4. Women Power Plus Tablet:
CAC woman power tablet is a complete health supplement for women which is best for female health and vital energy. It helps to build up the immunity. This is a pure herbo mineral product of the best quality herbs. The herbs used are Ashoka, Shatavari, anatmool, etc. These are herbs used since ancient times to maintain female health metabolism.
Recommended dose:?Take two tablet twice a day with normal water.
5. Re Active Powder:
This powder is made up of amazing ayurvedic herbs like shatavari, ashwagandha, museli, vadfari kand, shudh shilajit, kaunch beej etc. All these herbs help in overall detoxification of the body and builds up natural immunity, & provides energy to the body.
Recommended dose:?Take 10 gm powder with a glass of milk one or twice a day.