Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dandruff – In an advertisement on TV, it is shown that something like a white scab falls on the girl’s clothes, and she becomes trembling. This scaly thing is nothing but dandruff. When it makes hair its home, it does not go away easily. It not only tarnishes our self-confidence but also puts us to shame in the midst of everyone. But that doesn’t mean there’s no cure!
We can drive away dandruff from our hair by taking care of some easy and important things, just need to take care of some special things.
Let’s know some facts about Dandruff –
What is dandruff?
Dandruff is medically called seborrhea and it weakens our scalp. This is actually dead skin, which occurs due to improper combing, stress and dry skin. In winter, this problem becomes much more severe. It happens not only to elders but also to children. Many of the newborn babies suffer from this problem.
The biggest question is that how do we know whether dandruff has made a home in our hair or not? Dandruff is actually like a scaly white colored oily rash, which is hidden inside the hair on the scalp.
Sometimes it is so dense that it does not come out even after combing, it has to be removed with nails. It also causes itching in the hair. Dandruff in newborn babies is called cradle cap. It takes constant effort to clear it from the head of the children.
Causes of Dandruff
Dandruff makes hair its home when a fungus called Malassezia starts to grow on your scalp. Malassezia increases many times more than its normal level at the time of dandruff. This leads to scalp damage and severe dryness.
Some of the major reasons for having dandruff are-
- Dry Skin may cause the scalp flaky and increases the chance of Dandruff.
- Not combing your hair properly
- Not using shampoo at the right time and in the right way
- Bad Hair Products
- Stress or any other mental problem
- Poor sleeping habits
- Other diseases like eczema and psoriasis, Parkinson’s etc.
Dandruff also makes its home in the hair. It is better that in case of such problems, you should immediately contact the doctor.
The best treatment for dandruff is to clean your hair regularly. Take special care that the hair does not get dirty. While shampooing, it is important to let the shampoo stay on the scalp for at least 5 minutes.
Use a fine comb to remove the scaly dandruff present on the scalp. It can play an important role in treating dandruff from its early stage. It also improves blood circulation and dandruff starts getting removed from the scalp.
Scalp massage with coconut or olive oil is also a very effective treatment. To get better results, you can apply oil on the linen cloth and massage the scalp.
5 Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Dandruff
There are many such home remedies, which you can use in your daily life.
It is just important to keep the right amount of its ingredients while adopting these remedies. Adopting them in the right way, it will help you to get rid of dandruff.
Here are some home remedies, which are amazing to get rid of dandruff.
Applying curd to the hair is an effective way to get rid of dandruff. Although it can be quite messy, it is a great home remedy to treat dandruff.
How to use:
- There is no need to do much for this, just apply some curd on the scalp along with your hair.
- Make sure that equal quantity of curd is applied properly all over the hair and scalp.
- Leave it on and dry for about 1 hour.
- After that wash off with shampoo. The curd should be well removed from the hair.
- Neem Leaves
Neem is considered a panacea for dandruff. This is the reason why many Ayurvedic shampoos available in the market contain its extracts. Neem leaves are also used to treat dandruff.
How to use:
- If you can get fresh neem leaves then it is very good otherwise you can also use the leaves kept for few days.
- First of all, make powder by breaking neem leaves and boil them in some water. Then make a paste of it, grind neem leaves in a mixer to make a paste.
- Apply it on the hair and scalp and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- After that wash off with plain water.
- Neem leaves with ground paste using as treatment.
- Lemon juice + Coconut oil
Coconut oil is said to nourish the hair and when mixed with lemon juice can prove to be a panacea for dandruff. It is such a home remedy that has been going on since the time of grandmothers.
How to use:
- First of all, take 2 spoons of coconut oil and mix it with 2 spoons of lemon juice.
- Now gently massage it on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes after massaging and then wash the hair with shampoo.
- Egg Yolk
Egg yolk contains biotin. It is a vitamin that plays a major role in removing dandruff. It also acts as a great conditioner for your hair and makes your hair healthy.
How to use:
- To prepare the egg yolk, you need to separate the egg white. Always remember that the yolk is more meaty and healthier than the white part.
- Before applying it, keep in mind that your hair and scalp should be dry. Now apply it on the hair and scalp and cover the hair with a plastic cover for about 1 hour.
- Wash your hair gently using shampoo. You may have to clean your hair two-three times to remove the egg yolk smell from the hair.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has anti-fungal properties which help a lot to remove dandruff. Not only this, there is no dryness in the hair and scalp during this period.
How to use:
- Add 10-15 drops of tea tree oil to the shampoo you use and massage it into the hair and scalp.
- Leave it on your hair for about 5 minutes, then rinse off with water.
- Acting as a natural conditioner, tea tree oil soothes the scalp and prevents flaking.
Prevention of Dandruff
- Try to protect your hair from the direct sun rays during the summer season as heat causes sweating and sweat makes the hair sticky. This heat will increase the production of oil in the scalp and dandruff will start to form.
- It is better that whenever you go out in the sun, cover your hair with a scarf.
- It is very important to eat healthy, keep your diet right, and include green leafy vegetables and seasonal fruits in your diet.
- Stay Hydrated and maintain personal Hygiene.
- Regular exercise helps to keep you mentally calm and drives away stress, so do exercise.
- If you are not able to do much, then definitely do simply walk, jogging, Skipping etc.
CAC SPECIAL HAIR CARE KIT
- Hair Live Herbal Shampoo
It is used in various kind of hair related issues like Baldness, Graying of hairs etc. It contains very good herbs that work on your hair and roots of hair in your scalp. It makes your hair shiny and thick. The herbs used for formulation of this oil shows antioxidant, anti-dandruff, anti-inflammatory properties. This product is herbal and natural formula for maintaining hair health. It is used in Hairball, graying of hair, dandruff, dry scalp, thinning of hairs, baldness, alopecia and loss of lusterless.
Method of usage– Apply it on wet hair, massage into a rich lather for 2-3 minutes and rinse properly with water.
- Hair Live Tablet
Hair Live Tablet is formulated with ingredients like Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Dhatry Loha (Purified iron), & Shud Gandhak (Purified sulphur). This herbal kit is formulated to take care of all the hair problems. It is an amazing combination of various natural herbs which can be beneficial for both male and female hair problems. It provides nourishment to the hair from the root level, repairs broken, splinted and damaged hair. This kit gives a natural strength and smooth texture.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
- Hair Live Oil
It is used in various kind of hair related issues like Baldness, Greying of hairs etc. It contains very good herbs that work on your hair and roots of hair in your scalp. It makes your hair shiny and thick. The herbs used for formulation of this oil shows antioxidant, anti-dandruff, anti-inflammatory properties. This product is herbal and natural formula for maintaining hair health.Til oil (Sesamum indicum) Almond oil (Prunus dulcis) Jotishmati oil (Celastrus paniculatus) Amla (Embelia officinale) Bhringraj (Eclipta alba), etc
Method of usage – Gently massage your hair once or as per requirement
- Amla Juice
Amla Premium Juice will strengthen the heart muscles, provide relief from constipation, stimulate bowel movements, prevent the signs of aging, control diabetes problem, reduce cholesterol levels, flush toxins out of the body and improve your hair texture and solve the problem of hair fall. Two spoonful of Amla Premium Juice everyday will help in making your hair smooth and shinier.
Dosage: Take 20 ml twice daily.