Understanding Azoospermia: Azoospermia is a medical health condition in which there is no measurable amount of sperm in men semen or ejaculate. It is the biggest cause of male infertility. Oligospermia is the other term that means low sperm count. It can have multiple causes like reproductive tract blockage, testicular structure and function, ejaculation troubles, hormonal issues. A person can have intended azoospermia as result of Vasectomy. Most of these issues are treatable and fertility of the person is restored. Azoospermia affects 1 percent of the total men population.
- Pretesticular: Pretesticular azoospermia is characterized by low level of Follicular Stimulating Hormone (FSH) that leads to inadequate stimulation of otherwise normal testicles and genitals. The various causes may include suppression by testosterone, hypopituitarism, chemotherapy etc.
- Testicular: Testicular Azoospermia defines as abnormal testes or absence or atrophy of testis. Certain causes constributing are genetics (klinefelter syndrome), orchitis (infection of testes), cryptorchidism (defect in sertoli cells). It is non-obstructive Azoospermia.
- Post testicular: Post testicular Azoospermia defines that there is sperm production but not ejaculated. This is called obstructive azoospermia. The main reasons contributing towards it are vasectomy, agenesis of vas deferens, ejaculatory duct obstruction etc.
What Causes Azoospermia?
- testicles that haven’t dropped (Cryptorchidism)
- infected by mumps in late puberty
- diabetes, kidney failure.
- prior surgery of the pelvic region
- testicles that don’t produce sperm (Sertoli cell-only syndrome)
- testicles that don’t produce mature sperm (Spermatogenic arrest)
- the absence of testicles (Anorchia)
- reactions to certain medications
- Varicocele(when the veins coming from testicles are dilated/wide)
- Trauma or injury to these areas.
- Development of a cyst.
- Genetic disoreders like Y chromosome deletion, Klinefelter syndrome, Kallmann syndrome etc
Signs and Symptoms:
- low sex drive
- erectile dysfunction
- swelling, lump, dysfunction around the testicles
- reduced facial and body hair
- low sperm count
- Avoid exposure to radiations
- Quit smoking and alcohol
- Avoid activities that may harming the genital area
- Eat nutritious diet that foster sperm production
- Do Yoga and meditation to balance cortisol levels (stress hormone)
- Exercise to boost up testosterone levels
- Avoid excessive hot temperature exposure for testes
- Avoid medications that may lower sperm count
Ayurveda and Azoospermia:
The foundation of Ayurveda are three Doshas (vata, pitta and kapha), seven Dhatus (rasa, rakta, maamsa, meda, asthi, majja, sukra), Agni (disgestive Fire). The vitiation of any of these component troubles a person a lot. Shukra Dhatu is the essence and end product of all Dhatus. If there is any damage to Shukra Dhatu or any blockage in the flow of Shukra Dhatu Ksheena shukra, a term given to Azoospermia in Ayurveda. Various reasons causing vitiation of Doshas that tend to further weakens the Agni (digestive fire) that leads to accumulation of Ama (toxins) in Sukravaha Srotas (microcirculation). This reduces the nutrition to shukra dhatu which destrupt the formation of Shukra Dhatu.
Managing Azoospermia (ksheena Shukra) with Ayurveda:
Unlike modern medicine that directly jump onto symptomatic management, Ayurveda always work on finding root cause behind the disease and then heal it from the depth along with some symptomatic treatment. At the very first Sodhana through panchkarma therapy (Vaman, virechan,uttar basti) to detoxifies the body from Ama accumulation and balances all the tree doshas .and then some effective Vaji rasa that contain certain necessary herbs to enhance Shukra Dhatu (sperm) formation like Shatavari, Mushli, Kaanch etc. and certain other herbs that balances the hormones to uplift the production of sperm such as Ashwagandh (enhances nerve interaction), Arjuna (increase blood flow to reproduction organs). This line of treatment reverses the condition of azoospermia and also restores the normal sperm count.
Management of Azoospermia With Chandigarh Ayurved centre:
1) Detox Premium Powder:
Detox premium powder is a herbo-mineral preparation that contains parwal pishti, giloy satv, shukta pishti, tal sindoor, gandhak rasayan, moti pishti, etc. These ingredients in combination deal with the azoospermia condition & remove toxins out from the body. It will deal with the painful urination, pelvic pain, muscle loss, enlarged breasts, etc.
Recommended dosage: Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
2) Triphala Syrup:
Triphala syrup is a pure herbal formula that contains ingredients such as Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), & Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica). These ingredients in combination show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, & immuno-modulator properties. It is beneficial for dealing with the signs & symptoms related to azoospermia patients.
Recommended dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily.
3) Men Power Plus:
Mostly at one age men may suffer from low self-esteem and become negative. This also occurs because they are facing problems in their sexual life. There might be early ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. A feeling of inferiority also occurs and they feel hesitate to visit a doctor or discuss this problem. It also affects their relationship and leads to fighting, divorce, loss of self-confidence, the stress in their personal life.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily.
4) Nerve up tablet:
These tablets are pure ayurvedic formulation. Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas and kapha dosha. It acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, abhrak bhasma, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. This tablet also helps in Azoospermia.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily.
5) Active Plus Tablet:
CAC active plus Tablet is a pure herbo-mineral formulation prepared from best quality of herbs. This tablet is best for person mental and physical health, also helps to boost up the immunity. The herbal ingredients present in these tablets are used to maintain person’s health and refreshes the mind and body. These tablets improves digestion, eliminates constipation, stress, nourishes brain, acts as antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
6) Shilajit satva:
This is the Ayurvedic formulation of Shilajit satav. It is a potent Immunity Booster and acts as an antioxidant, possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It has a tremendous effect on Male Infertility, Anemia, Alzheimer disease, improves brain functions, Fatigue, various Tumors and Cysts like PCOD in females. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties it works on inflamed lymph nodes as well. It balances blood sugar, increases absorption of nutrients, helps in detoxification.
Recommended Dosage – 5 to 10 drops of Shilajit to be mixed in one glass of Luke warm milk.
7) Rasayan Vati:
Rasayan vati is herbo-mineral ayurvedic formulation, which is 100% natural. Rasayan vati contains various herbs such as Aswagandha, Shilajeet, Amla, Kesar, Musali, Shatavar, Brahmi Abhrak Bhasam, Swarn Makshik Bhasam, Yashad Bhasam, Mukta pisti, Praval pisti, Jaiphal, Vang Bhasam, Dalchini, Javitri, Gokhru, Kaunch Beej, Saunth, Mirch, Pipli, Amla, Kesar, Manjith, Anant Mool, Brahmi, Musali, Swarn Vang, etc. These ingredients show antioxidant, aphrodisiac, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, analgesic, immuno-modulator properties. These tablets provide good results in General debility, Psychological disorders, and improves immunity.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.