The prostate is a walnut-sized gland found below the bladder with the urethra passing through it. It is an accessory gland of the male reproductive system play important role in reproduction as it supplies semen which mixes with sperm from the testes. Seminal fluid act as a transporter and help the sperm to travel and survive.
- The exact cause of prostate enlargement is unknown.
- There may changes in the cells of the testicles or linked to aging that play role in the growth of gland or testosterone levels.
- Men who removed testicles as a result of testicular cancer do not develop BPH.
Some facts about prostate enlargement:
- The developing an enlarged prostate increases with age.
- Some men will have an enlarged prostate in their life if they live long enough.
- Small amount of prostate enlargement present in many men over the age of 40.
- No risk factors have been diagnosed other than normally-functioning testicles.
- Urinary frequency—urination eight or more times a day
- Urinary urgency—the inability to delay urination
- Trouble starting a urine stream
- Weak or interrupted urine stream
- Dribbling at the end of urination
- Nocturia—frequent urination during periods of sleep
- Urinary retention
- Urinary incontinence—the accidental loss of urine
- Pain after ejaculation or during urination
- Urine has an unusual color or smell
NATURAL TREATMENT FOR ENLARGED PROSTATE GLAND
- Lycopene – it is good for prostate cancer and potential prostate cancer patients. It found in pink and red fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, watermelon, pink grapefruit and papaya. Lycopene also inhibit BPH growth. Fresh tomato will provide more lycopene based benefits.
- Green tea – studies show that intake of green tea and black tea extract treat the pain of lower urinary tract. It does not shown to reduce BPH directly but reduce the urinary pain, hesitancy or frequency and give benefits to those suffering from prostate enlargement.
- Pumpkin seeds – Pumpkin seeds are a healthy source of fiber, important fats, antioxidants, minerals, and rich source of zinc. Studies shown that pumpkin seeds may alleviate urinary frequency and urgency related to BPH.
- Onion and garlic – Research shows that men having BPH disease lower the consumption of onions and garlic. It suggests that increasing the intake of such vegetables may help in ease the symptoms of BPH.
- Water – Water helps to dilute urine, means it less likely to irritate the bladder. This may reduce the severity of problems like nocturia and frequent urination. Concentrated urine is the perfect breeding ground for bacteria intake of water help in decreased the frequency of these.
- Saw palmetto – it is one of the most popular plant-based prostate enlargement therapies. It is a species of palm shrub its berries are used in supplements to support urinary tract function reduce inflammation, mitigate hair loss and promote prostate health.
- Pygeum – pygeum africanum tree is useful for reducing BPH, Pygeum is also promoted as a therapy for inflammation, kidney and urinary disorders, and as a libido booster.
Some self-care strategies to manage enlarged prostate:
- Urinating as soon as you get the urge
- Avoiding alcohol and caffeine, especially at night
- Avoiding drinking fluids within two hours of bedtime
- Getting regular exercise
- Decreasing your stress with the help of yoga and meditation
- Maintain balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Lower caffeine intake
- Exercise regularly
- Reduce stress
CAC TREATMENT FO ENLARGED PROSTATE GLAND
- URIC CARE tablet – This tablet is a herbo- mineral tablet and is purely ayurvedic formulation. Uric care tablets help in balancing kapha doshas. It reduces high URIC ACID levels of the body and acts as diuretic. It helps in reducing the pain while passing urine and clears the obstruction of urine. It is also used to treat cough, oedema, asthma and various kidney problems. It contains ingredients like gokhru, imali kshar, yavakshar, kalmi shora, nausadar, swarna gairik etc. This formulation possess hypotensive, antimicrobial, aphrodisiac and diuretic properties and improves functions of prostate gland.
Recommended dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily.
- Kapha Balance tablet – Kapha tablet is a healthy blend of herbs formulated to balance Kapha doshas without aggravating Pitta and Vata doshas. It can also be used to alleviate any temporary Kapha imbalance. It is very effective in Kapha season that is late winter and spring. It consists of warming and astringent herbs that help to balance the system throughout the cold season. The main use of Kapha tablets is to remove excess Kapha doshas from the system and helps in the management of weight, healthy lungs, and the immune system.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
- Detox Premium Powder – Detox premium powder consists of an herbal composition of natural and pure ingredients like giloy satav, gandhak rasayan, tal sindoor, shankh bhasma, moti pishti, akik pishti, etc. This herbal powder shows a wonderful effect in the condition of prostatitis as it removes the toxins from the body naturally and helps in relieving the pain, swelling, tenderness, which ultimately cures this condition.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 sachet twice daily with normal water.
- Panchasakar Churna – This is the herbal mixture of natural ingredients that is very beneficial for detoxification of the body naturally. The churna is composed of Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Swarna patri (Cassia angustifolia), Shatapushpa (Foeniculum vulgare), & Sauvarchala lavana (Rock salt). It removes the excess amount of toxins from the body, inflammation, redness, stiffness, and other associated symptoms of the prostate gland also subside.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with lukewarm water.
- Kanchnaar Guggulu – Kanchnaar guggulu is very beneficial for reducing the size of increased prostate. The tablet contains Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum), Maricha (Piper longum), etc. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant, anti-bacterial properties that are very beneficial to ease the symptoms of any problem of the prostate gland.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 tablets twice daily with normal water.