Anorexia is a type of eating disorder. It is also called anorexia nervosa. Anorexia is a mental state. In which a person becomes very serious about his weight. In such a situation, people opt. for excessive dieting and exercise. In such a situation, people feel that if they consume food, they will become fat. Due to which the timing of their eating becomes wrong. Taking irregular and low dosage in the diet has a bad effect on their health.
Types of Anorexia
There are two types of anorexia.
- Restricted Anorexia:- In this type, people impose a lot of restrictions on their food. Such people always count their calories. Not eating food, limiting carbs, dry foods, eating only colored food and doing excessive exercise etc.
- Excessive eating anorexia:- In this type people also put restrictions on food. But in this, by controlling the food, add more amount of food. To compensate for food, the person vomits i.e. forced vomiting, misuse of laxatives, diuretics or enemas. This behavior makes a person mentally and physically unhealthy. It can also be fatal.
What is the cause of anorexia?
The exact cause of anorexia is not yet known to the researchers. But it is believed so that it harms the person like other diseases.
Biological: There can be genetic changes in a person’s body. Changes in gene can make person more prone to develop anorexia. Some people are sensitive to this disease. It could also be a genetic predisposition.
Environment: Nowadays, the external culture is becoming increasingly dominant over the people. In an attempt to be slimmer it may lead to Anorexia.
Psychological: A variety of emotional factors can cause anorexia. In women, not eating food even when hungry and eating too little food can be psychological symptoms. To reduce body weight, they restrict their food.
Some other factors: – Anorexia is very common in girls and women.
Changes in genes can put you at risk for anorexia.
Family history i.e. having a parent can put you at high risk of anorexia.
What are the symptoms of anorexia?
Following are the symptoms of anorexia.
- Inability to menstruate.
- Extreme weight loss.
- Feeling tired
- Having insomnia
Diagnosis Anorexia Nervosa
Doctors test for anorexia in the following ways. This includes laboratory tests, physical tests, psychological tests, etc. All these tests are used to diagnose anorexia.
Afraid of eating? If you have anorexia, then try these 5 Ayurveda remedies
Try These Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Anorexia
- Black cardamom
- Adding large cardamom to some dishes also helps in treating anorexia.
- Its taste is good and the aroma is also very good.
- It enhances the taste of every dish.
- Using it in small amounts in various dishes can prove beneficial in the event of anorexia.
- Hot water
- Hot water is used to deal with many health problems.
- A glass of warm water has shown positive and effective results in some cases of anorexia.
- It can be very helpful, as it is loaded with many health beneficial properties.
- Take a piece of ginger with lemon juice and rock salt after a meal.
- It improves taste buds and aids in digestion.
- It is considered better to eat it raw.
- Tamarind and salt
- If you are not interested in the taste of any food or if you do not like the taste, then tamarind and salt can be of use to you.
- Take a spoonful of tamarind powder and salt and keep licking it.
- It improves the taste of your mouth and also increases the interest towards food.
- It is an ayurvedic herbal mixture, which contains equal amounts of pippali, ginger and black pepper.
- It reduces gastric problem.
- You can eat it with a spoonful of honey or take it as a powder with water.
CAC SPECIAL MEDICATION FOR ANOREXIA NERVOSA
1. Active Plus Tablet:
CAC active plus Tabletis a pure herbo-mineral formulation prepared from best quality of herbs. This tablet is best for person mental and physical health, also helps to boost up the immunity. The herbal ingredients present in these tablets are used to maintain person’s health and refreshes the mind and body.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 sachet twice a day with normal water.
2. Brain Relaxant Churna:
This churna is pure Ayurvedic which helps to rejuvenate the brain cells, improves memory, give strength to the body, & increases the concentration by calming down the brain. It is prepared from herbs that show calming effect on brain and gives you relaxation. Brain relaxant churna shows antioxidant, Neuroprotective, carminative and anti-inflammatory properties. Ingredients present in this churna are Amla (Emblica officinalis), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Pippali (Piper longum), Marich (Piper nigrum), Haldi (Curcuma longa), Bala (Sida cordifolia), Suddha Gandhak, Lauha Bhasma. It helps to Maintain blood sugar level, Anti-depressant, Insomnia, Increase Haemoglobin levels, Cures indigestion, Helpful in Ulcerative colitis, and Nerve tonic. It helps in dealing with health conditions such as feeling delusion, hallucinations, disordered thinking, disabling, & impair daily functioning related to schizophrenia patients.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablespoon of this churna twice daily.
Trikatu Tablet is a hebo-mineral tablet of 650 MG and is purely Ayurvedic formulation. CAC Trikatu Tablet helps to eliminate excess Kapha or mucous from the body, supports respiratory system, manages weight, helps to take out impurities or ama from the body, supports healthy detoxification, reduces swelling. It shows anti-inflammatory, analgesic, expectorant, antioxidant properties. This tablet is made up of equal parts of three herbs such as Pippali (Piper longum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), & Marich (Piper nigrum) that maintains the metabolism in the body. The regular use of this tablet balances the thyroxine hormone and treats hyperthyroidism naturally. It is an Appetizer and it improves digestion, supports normal gastric function, and normal circulation.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
4. Liver Care Tablet:
Liver Care Tablet is a herbo-mineral tablet of size 650 MG and is a purely ayurvedic formulation. CAC Liver Care tablets help in balancing Pitta dosha. These tablets stimulate the growth of new liver cells, promote functions of liver, and improve blood flow from the liver. It helps in the treatment of fatty liver, liver cirrhosis, Hepatitis, hepatomegaly, and obstructive Jaundice. CAC Liver Care Tablets contains Ingredients like Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Kutaki(Picrorhiza kurroa), Bhumi amla( phyllanthus niruri), Giloy(Tinopora Cordifolia), Yavakshar( Hordeum vulgare), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Mukta Shukta pisti etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice a day with normal water.
5. Liver care Syrup:
Liver Care syrup helps in balancing Pitta dosha. This Syrup enhances regeneration of liver cells, promote functions of liver, and improve blood flow from the liver. It helps in the treatment of fatty liver, liver cirrhosis, Hepatitis, hepatomegaly, and obstructive Jaundice. CAC Liver Care syrup contains Ingredients like Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Kutaki(Picrorhiza kurroa), Bhumi amla( phyllanthus niruri), Giloy(Tinopora Cordifolia), Yavakshar( Hordeum vulgare), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Mukta Shukta pisti etc. These herbs show Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, Hepato-protective, properties. This syrup improves digestion, enhances appetite.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonfuls twice daily.