- Spondylosisdefines the general degeneration of the spine that can occur in joints, discs, and bones of the spine as we age.
- Spondylosis is common, but it is generally not serious. Many who have it experience no pain, though it can be painful for some.It is a degenerative condition that may worsen as a person grows older, and can affect any region of the spine.
REGION OF SPINE:-
- Cervical — neck
- Thoracic — upper, mid-back
- Lumbar — low back
- Lumbosacral — low back/sacrum
SYMPTOMS :-Several symptoms appear, it may include:-
- Limited motion
- Age – Spondylosis is a normal part of ageing.
- Sedentary Lifestyle means no physical activity
- Bad food habits
- Occupation means having a job that needs heavy lifting or a lot of bending and twisting.
- Any kind of injuries or Surgery
- Genetic Factors
- Being Overweight
DIAGNOSIS:-It may include:-
- PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
- Being overweight or obese
- Sedentary lifestyle with little or no exercise
- Some medical conditions like diabetes, gout, psoriasis, tuberculosis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and Lyme disease
- High-impact activities, and repeat occupational trauma
- Avoid do these activities that put pressure on the neck.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights.
- Take short breaks in-between work
- Daily calcium intake should be met.
- Stay hydrated.
- Eat fruits and green leafy vegetables.
- Exercise regularly
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR SPONDYLOSIS IN KERLA:-
- Spondylosis management is one of the strongest positives of Ayurveda.The main focus of treatment is to restore bone strength and rehydrate them.
- In Ayurveda, there are many diseases namely Greevagraham, Viswachi, Grudhrasi, Katigraham etc. which can be linkedto spondylosis .
- The symptoms can be attributed to vitiatedVata with rare involvement of Kapha or Pitta, from person to person. The treatment process involved areSnehana and Swedana which helps in relieving the swelling, tenderness and strengthening of paravertebral muscles.
- Along with these treatments paravertebral muscle strengthening exercises and regular yoga are equally important to improve spinal flexibility, build strength and endurance. Certain lifestyle changes also required.
AYURVEDIC MEDICATION FOR SPONDYLOSIS:-These formulations used for spondylitis are:-
- RASNASAPTAK KASHAYAM
- ASHTAVARGAM KASHYAM
- PRASARINYADI KASHYAM
- DASHMOOLA RASNADI KASHAYAM
- DHANADANAYANADI KASHYAM
- ASWAGANDHA CHOORNAM
- DHANWANTHARAM ARISHTAM
- ASWAGANDHA ARISHTAM
- PRASARINYADI THAILAM
- EKANGVEER RAS
- ERAND PAK
PANCHKARMA THEREPIES FOR SPONDYLOSIS:-
- ROOKSHA SWEDAN
- CHOORNA PINDA SWEDAM
- PATRA PINDA SWEDAN
- GREEVA VASTI
- KATI VASTI
- MERUDANDA VASTI
- MAATRA VASTI
- NIROOHA VASTI
- VAITHARANA VASTI
HOME REMEDIES FOR SPONDYLOSIS:-
Because of the strong anti-inflammatory properties, the below mentioned herbs and superfoods can act as the best medicines to manage the Spondylosis condition.
Castor Oil:- This helps cleansing ama (toxins) and balancing vata.It can use both way orally and local application. It is very effective remedy for spondylosis patients.
Garlic:-Eat raw garlic buds on an empty stomach each morning with water. Also use by heat 2 to 3 crushed garlic cloves in a pan with any kind of vegetable oil. Use it to massage the painful area for 5 to 10 minutes. Also follow this with a warm bath. Do this 2 times daily.
Turmeric:-Consume turmeric powder in a glass of milk. Heat it on low heat for 5 minutes. Drink it 2 times daily.It is very helpful remedy and turmeric also has anti-inflammatory or antioxidant properties.
Sesame Seeds:-Apply warm sesame oil on the affected area and massage for ten minutes. Then apply a hot compress on the painful area. It reduceinflammation. It improve vertebra health.
Ginger:-Drink ginger tea twice a day. It remove muscle soreness and tenderness. Ginger can help to relieve joint pain and reduce inflammation.
Cayenne Pepper:-Cayenne pepper powder mix with 2 tablespoons of lukewarm olive oil. Apply it on the painful area. Cover it with a cloth and. Do thisdaily.It has a capsaicin chemical that relieves pain.
Exercise:-One of the major causes of spondylosis is lack of physical activity. It can reduce pain and stiffness around neck and shoulders by incorporating regular physical exercise into lifestyle.
Rotate head in both clockwise and anti -clockwise directions, and do neck side to side from one shoulder to the other. Do this for 10 minutes 2 or 3 times daily. It will help to relieve the pain in neck and back.
ASANAS FOR SPONDYLOSIS:-
- BHUJANGASANA (Cobra Pose)
- ARDHA MATSYENDRASANA (Sitting Half-Spinal Twist)
- DHANURASANA (Bow Pose)
- MARJARASANA (Cat Pose)
- SETU BANDHASANA (Bridge Pose)
- MATSYASANA (Fish Pose)
AYURVEDIC OIL GOOD FOR SPONDYLOISIS:-
- ERAND TAIL
- BALA TAIL
- MAHANARYAN TAIL
- RASNA TAIL
- KARPURADI TAIL
- DHANWANTRAM TAIL
- MURIVENNA TAIL
AYURVEDIC HEBS USED FOR SPONDYLOSIS:-
CAC SPECIAL MEDICATION FOR SPONDYLOSIS:-
- PAIN-O-KILL OIL
- PAIN-O-KILL SYRUP
- TRIKATU SYRUP
- VATA BALANCE
- RASAYAN VATI
- NERVE UP TABLET