Hernia – type, symptoms and Treatment
- 19 Oct, 2021
- Posted by admin
- 0 Comment(s)
What is hernia?
A bulging of a tissue or organ through an abnormal opening. When any part of the body comes out of its place, that condition is called hernia. Typically, a hernia involves the stomach, intestine or femoral region.
Symptoms include a bulge, swelling or pain. In some cases, there are no symptoms.
If this problem is not resolved in time, then the situation can become worse and in such a situation surgery is the only option left for it.
What are the types of hernia?
There are mainly 3 types of hernia, which are as follows-
- Inguinal hernia – This is the most common type of hernia, which is also known as inguinal hernia. It mainly occurs in the thigh joint.
In this, the intestine slips into the testicles with the help of a thin tube of the testicles and there is swelling in the testicles.
- Femoral hernia-Femoral hernia mainly occurs when the abdominal organs move out of the artery going from the thigh to the leg.
Men are more affected by this hernia.
- Umbilical hernia– It is also known as Umbilical Hernia. As the name itself suggests, this type of hernia is mainly related to the umbilical cord, which arises in the event that the weakest muscles of the abdomen exit the navel.
- Epigastric hernia: This hernia is in the center of the navel and ribs.
- Pubic Hernia (Familial Hernia)-This type of hernia occurs in only 20% of the total cases, which is more for women than men. This is a fairly uncommon type of hernia. It sometimes appears in the inner upper part of the thighs or groin. It emerges back when you lie down, but it can come back due to cough and any kind of pain.
- Incisional hernia – this type of hernia can occur after abdominal surgery. Your intestines may come out of the incision or through surrounding, weakened tissue.
How does hernia occur?
Hernia can be mainly due to these 6 reasons, which are as follows-
- Weakening of abdominal muscles– When a person’s abdominal muscles become weak, they can cause hernia.
- Chronic cough– If a person has been coughing for a long time, he should get it checked as soon as it can be a sign of a hernia.
- Being overweight– A person who is overweight is more likely to have a hernia. That is why he should try to reduce the weight.
- If he is not getting relief from this problem despite all the efforts, then bariatric surgery or liposuction surgery can prove useful for him.
- Excess of age – A person who is more than 60 years of age is more likely to have a hernia because in this stage the muscles of his body become very weak and they emerge.
- Having a disease– If you have a disease like kidney or liver disease, you may have a hernia problem.
- Therefore, you should get kidney dialysis or kidney transplant in time so that you can avoid this problem.
- Constipation – A person who has constipation, may have this problem.
What are the symptoms of hernia in men?
Like any other disease, there are some symptoms of hernia, which, if given due attention in time, can prevent the disease from growing.
- Swelling on the stomach– Hernia begins with swelling on the abdomen. However, swelling occurs on the same part of the abdomen, where the muscles become weak.
- Unclean stomach – Unclean stomach can be a compelling sign of hernia, so an attempt should be made to correct this symptom.
- Bleeding in the stool– Many times blood comes in the stool due to hernia. In this case, the person should see a doctor immediately and have a hernia check.
- Chest pain– Many people have chest pain due to this problem. Therefore it is prudent that this symptom be taken seriously if it is taken seriously.
- Pain in the upper abdomen– If a person has pain in the upper abdomen, then it can be a sign of hernia.
- Vomiting– Although vomiting is not taken seriously, vomiting can also be a symptom of hernia.
- Trouble walking or sitting
There are some stages of hernia:
- Reducible: In these, the organ exits, then enters. Many times they put their hands in. This level can work even without surgery. You can plan and get surgery.
- Irreducible: In this, the organ does not enter after exiting the cavity. After this operation is necessary. Operation is to be done soon.
- Strangulated: If the intestine gets stuck inside and stops melting, then there is an emergency and operation is necessary within 6 hours. This condition is usually accompanied by a small hernia, which is trapped by dropping out. In such a situation, it is better to have the operation done while remaining small in hernia size.
Ayurvedic treatment for HERNIA
Triphala Guggulu Tablet:
Triphala Guggulu Tablet (3 fruits) tablet is a herbo mineral of size 650 mg and is a purely ayurvedic formulation. It is a polyherbal formulation comprising of three ingredients. Each fruit is thaught to positively impact the body’s three doshas. It has been used in ayurvedic medicine since ages. It is thought to support bowel health and aid digestion. As an antioxidant, it is used to detoxify the body and support the immune system. It is known for its antibacterial, antioxidant, antiviral abilities.
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice daily with normal water.
Trikatu tablets are mixture of three herbs which are Saunth (Zingiber officinale), Marich (Piper nigrum), Pippali (Piper longum). These tablets improve digestion, boost your metabolism, helps in eliminating fat tissues and kapha dosha, support respiratory functions, and remove impurities and ama from the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice daily with normal water.
Kanchnaar guggulu has anti-bacterial, analgesic, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory properties that subside the symptoms of BPH quickly and is very beneficial for weight loss, any type of cyst, thyroid, etc. Each tablet consist of Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum), Maricha (Piper longum), etc.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
This Tablet is herbo-mineral pure Ayurvedic preparation. It contains ingredients like Parwal Pishti, Shukta Pishti, Giloy Satav, Kamdudha Ras, Jahar Mohra, Akik Pishti, Gandhak Rasayan, Shankh Bhasma, Sutshekhar Ras, Sudhyog Tab, Shwet Parpati, Yavakshaar, etc. This tablet increases overall immunity, improves digestion, relieves acidity, helps in fever, nausea, vomiting, high blood pressure, mental diseases and eye diseases. It also helps in removing impurities and detoxifies the body.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 tablet twice daily.
Liver care syrup:
This Ayurvedic formulation enhances regeneration of liver cells, promote functions of liver, and improve blood flow from the liver. It helps in the treatment of fatty liver, liver cirrhosis, Hepatitis, hepatomegaly, and obstructive Jaundice. Liver Care syrup contains Ingredients like Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Kutaki(Picrorhiza kurroa), Bhumi amla( phyllanthus niruri), Giloy(Tinopora Cordifolia), Yavakshar( Hordeum vulgare), Imli Kshar( Tamarindus indica), Mukta Shukta pisti etc. These herbs shows Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, Hepato-protective, properties. This syrup improves digestion, enhances appetite and is effective in hernia.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 teaspoonful thrice daily before meal.