WHAT IS BRONCHITIS?
Bronchitis is the inflammation of the lining of bronchioles present in lungs. Bronchioles are the air tubes which carry air to and from the lungs. It can be either acute or chronic. Acute bronchitis occurs suddenly and gets cured easily. But chronic bronchitis is a constant irritation of the lining of the bronchioles and takes a lot of time to cure. It can convert into chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Cough and thickened mucus are one of the most common symptoms of bronchitis. Smoking is responsible for the occurrence of bronchitis.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF BRONCHITIS?
Various causes of bronchitis are:
- Viral infection
- Cigarette smoking
- Presence of toxic gases
- Suffering from asthma
- Having chronic obstructive disorder
- Autoimmune disorder
- Having GERD
- Air pollution
- Weakened immune system
VARIOUS SYMPTOMS OF BRONCHITIS
Some of the common signs and symptoms of bronchitis are:
- Production of sputum which can be white, yellow or green in color
- Feeling tired
- Shortness of breath
- Fever and chills
- Heaviness in chest
- Running nose
- Sore throat
- Stuffed nose
HOME REMEDIES FOR BRONCHITIS
Some of the home remedies which can be very helpful in treatment of bronchitis:
- Ginger has great anti-inflammatory properties. It can be very good in severe bronchitis. Add ginger in food or on tea especially during winters.
- Turmeric is antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory in nature. Curcumin is the active ingredient present in it. When consumed daily, it helps in reducing inflammation of the bronchioles and thus very beneficial for bronchitis.
- Daily gargling with salt water works wonders in treating bronchitis. It helps in treating sore throat.
- Steam of boiled water when inhaled, opens up the blocked channels of respiratory tract. It should be consumed on a regular basis.
- Pineapple is rich in nutrients and loaded with various antioxidants. It is having anti-inflammatory properties and helps in increasing immunity. It is thus very beneficial for bronchitis.
- It is a very good immunity booster. It helps in soothing sore throat and prevents cough. It is mostly used during winters. Mix a little bit honey in tea or just have one spoon of it with 2-3 tulsi leaves.
CHANDIGARH AYURVED CENTER’S MEDICATIONS FOR THE TREATMENT OF BRONCHITIS
Here are some of the medications of Chandigarh Ayurved Center which are used for the treatment of bronchitis:
1. Broncho care syrup
Broncho care syrup is used to eliminate chronic cough, bronchitis, common cold, whooping cough, etc. This ayurvedic syrup contains Vasa patra (Adhatoda vasica), Kantkari (Solanum surattense), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Bharangi (Clerodendrum serratum), Chitrakmool (Plumbago zeylanica), Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Pippali(Piper longum), Lasoda (Cordia dichotoma), Pudina (Mentha spicata), etc. These ingredients show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, bronchodilator properties.
Recommended Dosage –Take 2 teaspoonful twice a day.
2. Cough Go Tablets
Cough Go tablets are ayurvedic formulation containing ingredients like Sonth (Zingiber officinale), Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Pippali (Piper longum), Kali mirch (Piper nigrum), etc. These tablets are very effective in bronchitis, cough, cold, nasal problems, and other respiratory problems.
Recommended Dosage –Take 1 tablets twice a day with normal water.
3. Kapha Sachet
The powder contains a mixture of herbal ingredients which are mainly made for the treatment of asthma. Their properties generally balance the vata and kapha dosha. The sachet contains ingredients like – Sitopladi churna, Abhrak bhasma, Laxmi vilas ras, Godanti bhasma, etc. It is used mainly in chronic cough, whooping cough and trouble breathing. It also relieves congestion of chest, sore throat. The ingredients loosen the mucus accumulated in the chest thus making it easy to cough it out. Its main therapeutic effects appear on lungs, pleura, and airways.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 Sachet twice a day with normal water.
4. Giloy capsule
Giloy capsules are formed with the standardized extract of herb giloy (Tinospora cordifolia). The Giloy herb improves immunity, removes toxins from body, purifies blood, beneficial in cough, cold, fever, & bronchitis.
Recommended Dosage:Take 2 capsules twice a day with normal water.
5. Trikatu Syrup
Trikatu combines the goodness of Black pepper, Ginger and, Long pepper to create an herbal remedy for digestive ailments, sluggish metabolism, obesity, and high cholesterol. This syrup has best results in anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, and expectorant. It also help to tackle the weight problems or obesity. It can modulate your body’s immune response while cutting the characteristic inflammation associated with the back pain.
Recommended Dosage–Take 2 teaspoonful twice a day before meal with normal water.