What is Dry Skin?
Dry skin condition of the skin marked by cracking, itching or scaling affecting face, hands, feet or limbs. A person might have dry skin naturally. Most of the population suffers from dry skin in the winter season. Even people with oily skin can have dry skin in varying seasons. If simply moisturizers are not enough to combat your dry skin then you might have some serious skin conditions like dermatitis or eczema.
Factors causing Dry skin:
- Old age tend to have more dryness
- Winter season or even in summers with very dry air
- Bathing frequently
- Bathing with very hot water
- Medical history of dermatitis, eczema
Ayurveda and Dry skin:
Ayurvedic science revolves around three doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Vata dosha symbolizes dryness. The Qualities of Vata Dosha according to ancient texts are Ruksha (dryness), Laghu (light), Sheeta (cold), Khara (rough), Sookshma (minute), Chala (movement) etc. Anything causing dryness inside or outside the body is due to excess of vata dosha. So a healthy diet might help to cure the dryness as a whole.
The Right Diet as per Ayurveda:
- Warm and moist food
- Avoid raw vegetables as it aggravates vata
- Avoid frozen and processed food
- Avoid Kashaya (astringent), Tikta (pungent), katu (bitter) rasa
- Eat soaked nuts such as almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts, pecans as nut contains essential oils
- Add spices into you food like cumin, turmeric, pepper, ginger, cloves that helps in managing vata dosha
- Add ginger, pepper, cinnamon to your tea
- Hydration is important
- Avoid hot water showers
- Adequate amount of sleep
- Massage your body with oils
- Destress body with yoga and meditation
Home remedies for Dry Skin:
- Apply Aloe vera gel for dry irritated skin as aloe vera as it has moisturisation and skin healing properties. Aloe vera contains mucopolysaccharides, which helps in locking moisture. It also improves blood circulation.
- Apply paste of neem leaves on face and body. Neem has inflammatory properties and improves circulation, purifies blood.
- Oatmeal and honey masks help in moisturisation, healing and have anti inflammatory properties. It restores the lost essential oils in the skin making skin smoother and shinier. It is effective remedy for treating dry skin
- Milk and honey is really helpful in managing dry skin. Milk contains healthy fats and lactic acid that helps in restoring healthy skin. And honey is the best in locking moisture.
- Include massaging with oil like coconut, almond, olive in your bed time routine. Oil are the best in combating dryness
- Indulge eating cow ghee in your meals preferably in lunch. Ghee treat dryness from inside
- Apply milk cream or malai in place of your moisturizers as it provides intense hydration to the skin
- Add oils like coconut oil etc into your bathing water
Managing Dry skin With Chandigarh Ayurved Centre
Kiwi cream is a selection of potent Ayurvedic herbs, to provide smoothness, suppleness and radiance to the skin. Wheat germ oil is used as a carrier for herbs because of its supreme penetrating qualities and ability to carry activities of herbs deep into the skin. This rich textured massage balm comes in an eco-friendly, reusable glass jar. Use this emollient emulsion as a massage balm on the face, to deeply nourish dehydrated skin.
- Fruit plant extract
- Argan and Wheat germ oil
- Lemon juice
Aloe Vera-Almond Kesar Gel: These ingredients show antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, & moisturizing properties.
This herbal gel gives good results in
- Acne or Pimples
- Dry Skin
- All skin diseases
- CAC Mango Face Cream is a pure herbal formulation without any side effects. Mangoes are loaded with beta-carotene and Vitamin A which helps you get a glowing skin and revive the dull skin and turn your skin into a radiant one. Mango face cream Helps to get rid of acne and acne scars. Beta-carotene in mangoes has a strong anti-aging effect. Vitamin C present in mangoes helps to reduce dark spots, freckles, acne scars and pigmentation. This cream makes your skin free of blemishes, wrinkles, and scars. Also helps to exfoliate dead skin cells which results in a smooth and glowing skin.
- Mango fruit plant extract
- Wheat germ oil
- Light liquid paraffin