HOME REMEDIES FOR STOMACH ULCER
- 01 Feb, 2022
- Posted by admin
- 0 Comment(s)
Stomach ulcers are open sores that create on the internal lining of the stomach. These can be widely categorized to gastric and duodenal ulcers. The ulcers that happen on the inner lining of stomach are called gastric ulcers whereas the ulcers that seem on the upper region of the small intestine are termed duodenal ulcers. Gastric and duodenal ulcers are both sorts of peptic ulcers.
CAUSES OF STOMACH ULCER
- Steady consumption of painkillers, which are named non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as naproxen, aspirin and ibuprofen, whether safety-coated or not are powerful causative agents for stomach ulcers.
- More acid production in the stomach because of tumor, gastrinomas and certain medical conditions such as Zollinger- Ellison syndrome, can cause stomach ulcer.
- Excessive intake of alcohol can also lead to stomach ulcer.
- Too much consumption of nicotine via chewing or smoking tobacco can also cause stomach ulcers.
- It includes factors such as solemn illness and diseases, also radiation treatment to the impacted area.
SYMPTOMS OF STOMACH ULCER
- Nausea with vomiting
- Heartburning sensation
- Blood vomits
- Loss of weight
- Feeling bloated
- Dark or black colored stool as a result of bleeding
DIAGNOSIS OF STOMACH ULCER
- C14 breath test
- Barium Meal test
- Endoscopy to Diagnose Stomach Ulcer
Home Remedies for Stomach Ulcers
The natural remedies include the consumption of food items concern to prevention stomach ulcer. These food items are:
CABBAGE (BRASSICA OLERACEA)
- This is a lactic acid food that helps the production of amino acid which stimulates the blood flow to the stomach lining thereby strengthening the stomach lining and healing the ulcer, making it great home remedy for stomach ulcer disease.
- Extract juice from a fresh cabbage and intake ½ cup of it before having your food twice a day and ½ cups before going to bed.
BANANA (MUSA PARADISIACA)
- Banana enriched with the properties which aids the stomach to counter- balance the hyperacidity causes by stomach juice.
- Antibacterial characteristics of banana aid in fend off the development of H. pylori infection and preventing stomach ulcers.
- You can intake 2 to 3 bananas per day or you can opt for banana milkshake.
CAYENNE PEPPER (CAPSICUM FRUTESCENS)
- Cayenne pepper is a useful home remedy for stomach ulcer disease.
- The capsaicin enzyme existent in the cayenne pepper inhibits the secretion of stomach acids, aids in enhancing the production of alkali, stimulate mucus secretions, thus averting and curing ulcers.
COCONUT (COCOS NUCIFERA)
- Coconut is a blessing from Nature.
- We employ it for many ailments like body heat, mouth ulcers and stomach ulcers.
- Coconut and coconut milk constitutes antibacterial and anti-ulcer properties that is beneficial in treating stomach ulcers.
- Coconut kills the ulcer causing H. Pylori bacteria.
- Also, virgin coconut oil shows potential gastro protective activity among different sorts of ulcer models.
- Consume fresh coconut milk twice daily for a week for best results.
FENUGREEK (TRIGONELLA FOENUM-GRAECUM)
- Fenugreek leaves in a common household ingredient which can be used to treat many diseases.
- It is known to enhance mucus production thereby protecting the stomach lining and preventing ulcers.
How to use it
- You can prepare fenugreek tea by adding the leaves in a cup of boiling water.
- Allow to soak for few minutes.
- Next let it to come to normal temperature.
- Strain and drink it.
- Honey is well known home remedy for many ailments and is also a great home remedy to cure stomach ulcer disease. Raw honey contains an enzyme named glucose oxidase which helps the production of hydrogen peroxide, which in turn terminates the baleful bacterial growth on the stomach lining. It also aids in soothing and alleviate the ulcers.
- Honey kills the bad bacteria causes ulcer and reduces swelling and provides you a stronger stomach lining.
- You can intake 1 teaspoon of organic honey or mix with your meal at least 2 times a day to get rid of ulcer.
GARLIC (ALLIUM SATIVUM)
- Garlic is another food with antimicrobial and antibacterial properties which checks on the advance of H. Pylori bacteria on the stomach lining and staves off further ulcers.
TURMERIC (CURCUMA LONGA)
- Turmeric’s active ingredient curcumin, has been attributed to medicinal properties.
- These range from improved blood vessel function to lowered inflammation and cardiovascular disease risk.
- Study suggest curcumin’s has potent anti-ulcer properties.
- It seems to have massive therapeutic potential, especially in preventing lesion caused by H. pylori infections.
- It may also aid magnify mucus secretion, effectively protecting the stomach’s lining against irritants.