- Low thyroid functioning is usually responsible for weight gain. The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shape organ situated in the front of the neck, produces hormones that monitor metabolism, weight, heart rate, breathing and many other body functions.
- Most people cannot expect utmost weight loss once they start thyroid medication. Again, this is because weight gain is usually caused by other factors aside from an insufficiently active thyroid. Generally, people begin to notice weight loss nearly three to five months after hitting a therapeutic dose of their medication.
- Appropriately treating the condition may help you lose any weight you gained even as your thyroid levels were troublesome. Even so, bear in mind that that’s not always the case. Symptoms of underactive thyroid gland, in which are weight gain, develop over a long period of time.
- People lose about 2 to 5 kg on thyroid medication or less than 10% of their body weight. The weight loss is usually caused by the body getting rid of needless accumulated salt and water (i.e., water weight). Most research show that thyroid’s herbal medications can help you lose adipose (fatty) tissue in least time.
What’s The Link Between Weight Gain And Hypothyroidism?
The thyroid is responsible for many of body’s regular functions, in which are metabolism, organ function, and temperature regulation. When your body doesn’t produce adequate thyroid hormone, all of these functions can down slow.
Learn More : HOW AYURVEDA CAN TREAT THYROID IN NATURAL WAY
If thyroid gland doesn’t function properly, your basal metabolic rate may be low. Therefore, an underactive thyroid is commonly linked with weight gain. The more solemn the condition is, the greater the weight gain is in all probability .The typical amount of weight gain isn’t very high, though. Most people will gain somewhere between 2 to 5 kg.
Which Ayurvedic Medications Are Convenient To Treat Hypothyroidism?
People take allopathic treatment for hypothyroidism but these medicines are purposeless as they didn’t work on the root cause of disease. Instead of these, you should go ahead with Ayurvedic medicines that will directly work on the root cause. CAC offers a complete resolution kit known as “Hypothyroidism Care Kit” that contains four products in it.
ALL PRODUCT DESCRIPTION IN DETAIL
This tablet is a herbo-mineral and a purely Ayurvedic formulation. These tablets help in balancing the Kapha dosha. It helps primly in balancing Thyroid Hormones and also helps in weight management, reduce Cholesterol levels, promote brain functions, and normalize blood pressure. The tablets are made up from the extract of several herbs such as Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Shudh Guggul (Commiphora mukul), Kanchnar (Bauhinia variegate) and Gandhir (Coelus forskohlii). These herbs aids in maintaining an irregular heart rate, speedy heartbeat. These herbal tablets keep up the proper functioning of thyroid glands and treat Hypothyroidism.
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice daily.
Detox tablets are 100% natural, safe and free from any side effects. The herbs used for preparation of these tablets have antioxidant, anti-stress, anti-inflammatory and immuno-modulator properties.
Recommended Dosage: Take one tablet twice daily.
This herbal syrup made up from three herbs and it is purely Ayurvedic formulation. Trikatu Syrup helps to do out excess Kapha or mucous from the body, keep up respiratory system, manages weight, helps to expel out impurities or toxins from the body. It also promotes detoxification and lowers swelling. The herbs used for preparation of this syrup shows anti-inflammatory, expectorant, analgesic, antioxidant properties.
Recommended Dosage: Take 2 tablespoon twice daily.
Panchsakar churna is a herbo mineral and purely ayurvedic formulation. It mainly acts on the Vata and pitta dosha of the body. It can treat Chronic Constipation and help relieve symptoms of Acidity, indigestion, Belching and colic pain. It works as a mild Laxative and decreases Bloating. It works very effiectivly on a disease named IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) which is very common nowadays that affects your day to day activities.
Recommended Dosage: Take 1 teaspoonful at bedtime with hot water.
SOME TIPS FOR COPING WITH HYPOTHYROIDISM
Choose Exercises That Work For You
There is a connection between yoga and hypothyroidism; certain yoga poses can work effectively to balance underactive thyroid and weight management.
- Supported shoulderstand pose (Salamba Sarvangasana)
- Plow pose (Halasana)
- Fish pose (Matsyasana)
- Legs-up-the-wall pose (Viparita Karani)
- Cat-cow pose (Marjaryasana/Bitilasana)
- Boat pose (Paripurna Navasana)
- Camel pose (Ustrasana)
- Cobra pose (Bhujngasana)
Foods to Be Included In the Hypothyroidism Diet Plan Are
- Iodized salt
- Olive oil
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Garlic and onions.
- Whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, oats, and buckwheat are best.
- Sea weed is a great source of iodine
- Selenium rich foods in which are barely and Brazil nuts.
- Pulses such as Masoor dal, green moong dal , yellow moong dal, urad dal and toor dal
- Antioxidant rich Raspberries and blackberries.
- Fresh fruits like Avocado (high in MUFA), apple(high in fiber), Cherries, grapefruit, kiwi, papaya and prunes.
- Include vegetables such as tomatoes, capsicum, carrots, beetroot, avocado, cucumber, mushrooms, ladies finger, pumpkin, potatoes, zucchini and onions
- Add on diet herbs like garlic, chillies, cinnamon, turmeric, parsley.