Varicose veins are large and swollen veins that appear on the legs and feet. Mostly any superficial vein become varicosed but mostly legs vein affected because standing and walking upright increases the pressure in lower body veins. Varicose vein can occur when the veins valves do not work properly and blood does not flow effectively.
Varicose veins occurred due to increased blood pressure in the veins.
- Varicose veins can happen in the veins near the surface of the skin (superficial). The blood flow towards the heart by the veins one-way valve mechanism.
- When these valves become weakened or damaged blood collect in the veins. This causes the veins enlargement.
- Sitting or standing for long periods can cause blood to pool towards leg veins and increasing the pressure in the veins.
- The veins can stretch from the increased pressure may weaken the walls of the veins and damage the valves.
SIGN AND SYMPTOM
- Veins look twisted, swollen, and lumpy (bulging)
- The veins are blue or dark purple
- Some patients may also experience:
- Aching legs
- Legs feel heavy after exercise or at night
- A minor injury to the affected area may result longer bleeding than normal
- Swollen ankles
- Spider veins appearance in the affected legs.
- Skin discoloration near the varicose veins usually appear brownish or blue in color
- Affected area of skin become red, dry, and itchy
- When suddenly standing up, some people experience leg cramps
- Irregular whitish patches at the ankles.
- Overweight or obesity
- Older age
- Leg injury
- Women more affected than man
- Family history of varicose vein
- Standing for long periods
- Taking oral contraceptive pills or hormone replacement
HOW WE HEAL VARICOSE VEIN NATURALLY
- Exercise – Regular exercise encourages good circulation in the legs. Better blood circulation and pumping of the calf muscle help to push the blood collected in the veins, back up towards the heart. Exercise can lower your blood pressure which is a contributing factor to varicose veins. Do low-impact exercises like swimming, walking, cycling, and yoga are all effective ways to get the calf muscles pumping and the blood flowing.
- Compression Stockings to the Rescue – Compression stockings apply more pressure to legs than a regular pair of socks. The pressure keeps normal blood flow and helps the muscles and veins to move it back to the heart. Studies show that people who used high-knee compression stockings with a pressure of 18 to 21 mmHg for one week experienced less heaviness in legs, pain, and aching associated with varicose veins.
- Avoid sodium rich food – Sodium-rich foods cause water retention in the body. To minimize water retention, avoid salty, sodium-rich food.
- Take potassium rich food – Potassium minimizes water retention in the body by causing cells to release water, which then leaves the body in the form of urine. Take food that are high in potassium such as:
- Lentils and white beans
- Almonds and pistachios
- Leafy vegetables
- Certain fish like salmon and tuna
- Stop Straining – Straining can aggravate or worsen damaged valves. Eat foods with fiber to keep bowels flowing smoothly. Foods that are high in fiber include:
- Seeds, nuts, and legumes
- Wheat, oats, and flaxseed
- Whole-grain foods
- Eat Your Flavonoids – Flavonoids improve blood circulation by reducing blood pressure in the arteries and relaxing blood vessels. Foods that contain flavonoids include:
- Onions, bell peppers, broccoli, and spinach
- Citrus fruits, cherries, grapes, apples, and blueberries
- Apple cider vinegar – it is very effective remedy for varicose veins. It is a natural body cleansing product also improves blood flow and circulation. When the blood starts flow naturally, the heaviness and swelling of varicose veins will decreases to a great extent. Apply apple cider vinegar on varicose veins and gently massage the area. Do this massage every day before going to bed and again in the morning. Follow this remedy for few months to reduce the size of varicose veins.
- Cayenne pepper – It is a miracle treatment for varicose veins. It is rich in vitamin C and bioflavonoids which increases blood circulation and decrease the pain of congested and swollen veins. Add one teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to hot water cup stir it well and drink this mixture for one or two months for better results.
- Olive Oil – Massaging the affected area with olive oil increase circulation and reduce pain and inflammation. Mix equal amounts of olive oil and vitamin E oil and warm it slightly massage the veins with the warm oil for 10-15 minutes. Do this twice daily for one to two months.
- Garlic – Garlic is good for reducing inflammation and the symptoms of varicose veins. It also helps to break harmful toxins in the blood vessels and improve circulation.
- Parsley – Parsley is rich source of vitamin C, encourages the production of collagen. It help in cell repair and reproduction. Parsley contains rutin which provide strengthening to the capillaries, and therefore is useful varicose veins. Take handful chopped fresh parsley and boil for five minutes then allow the solution to cool to lukewarm. Add one drop of rose and marigold essential oils and put the solution in the refrigerator for several minutes. By the help of cotton ball apply the solution to the affected area. Do this daily for several months to cure varicose vein.