IMMUNITY BOOSTING SUPPLIMENTS
IMMUNITY AFTER COVID
- Immunity was considered only as the immunity of the organism to infections or infectious diseases, but later it was found that it gives our body the power to fight against all kinds of diseases and at the same time it helps to fight diseases. It also changes the cells of the body.
- Immunity also called disease resistance. The immune system functions to defend the body against infection. Pathogens are foreign disease causing bacteria and viruses that people come in contact with every day. The immune system attacks these germs and helps keep us healthy.
- B lymphocytes work to make antibodies. These proteins block specific antigens. After the antibody is made, it stays in our body to fight the same germ again. So if someone who gets sick with a disease like chickenpox usually won’t get sick again. Antibodies can recognize an antigen and destroy it.
- An immune response is the body’s defense system to fight antigens and protect the body. If a person has a disease, then there is a presence of antibodies against that disease in that person’s system, then immunity is obtained from that disease.
TYPES OF IMMUNITY
There are two types of immunity – innate and additive immunity.
- Innate Immunity – It gives protection to the person against diseases but it is not long term.
- Additive Immunity – This gives an individual protection against diseases as well as long-term protection against specific pathogens.
SIGNS OF A WEAK IMMUNE SYSTEM
There are some signs of weak immunity. If you get frequent infections, take a long time to recover from infections, or sores take a long time to heal, the immune system may be weakened. Symptoms of a weak immune system include.
Everyone gets tired from time to time, but if you have trouble sleeping, can’t sleep, then your immune system is weak. This is because there is a connection between sleep and the immune system. Being sick or having a viral infection can have a negative effect on your sleep, while good sleep strengthens the immune system.
- Frequent chills
Winter comes every year and it is normal to experience 2-3 winters in a year. But if you get cold again and again, then it is a sign that your immune system is weak.
- More stress
Prolonged exposure to stress and loneliness has a negative effect on the immune system. Because stress lowers lymphocyte levels, it becomes harder for the body to fight infection. Therefore, if you are under stress about any work or anything, fall ill, then you should make efforts to manage stress.
- Frequent infections
Individuals who have a weak immune system are often prone to bronchitis, pneumonia, and meningitis, among other infections.
- Digestive problems
Many digestive problems are a sign that your immune system is not working properly and is weak. These problems are: diarrhea, bloating, gas, cramping and even constipation.
CAUSES OF LOW IMMUNITY
The immune system can be weakened due to many reasons. Common causes of a weak immune system include:
People who smoke have a weak immune system. Smoking spoils the lungs which has an effect on immunity.
- Alcohol abuse
People who are addicted to alcohol often have a weak immune system. Alcohol is injurious to health.
- Poor nutrition
If diet is not proper excessive consumption of fried, canned food reduces the immune system. You should eat healthy and fresh diet.
Medicines for many diseases are also a reason for weak immunity. Taking any kind of drugs or chemotherapy or other cancer treatments weaken person immunity.
Obesity becomes the cause of many diseases. People who are overweight often suffer from many diseases. That’s why people should control your weight.
This happens even if we get caught by an infection like: flu, mono, and measles etc. So you have to stay away from these infections. Take special care of cleanliness for this.
People who live under stress, their immunity becomes weak and diseases occur twice as fast. The reason is weak immunity, so try to remain stress free.
Today many people are suffering from diabetes. The immunity of people suffering from diabetes becomes weak and they become unable to face diseases.
The effect of age is on everything, as the age increases, the immune system stops working properly and becomes weak.
Cancer is the most common cause of death in the world. So people who are facing cancer may also have to face weak immunity.
- Severe infection
Any serious infection that has made a place in your body, it also affects your immunity, and this is also one of the main reasons.
- HIV or AIDS
Those who have HIV or AIDS also become victims of weak immunity.
SUPPLIMENTS TO INCREASE IMMUNITY NATURALLY
Vitamin C is one of the most effective vitamins for boosting immunity. This helps in preventing infections. For this, you can consume many types of foods from citrus fruits to green vegetables. In which vitamin C can be found.
You can consume these foods for Vitamin C
- Citrus fruits like oranges and lemons
- Spinach, Broccoli and Kale
- Strawberry and Lychee
- Papaya and Guava
- Vitamin C deficiency can cause scurvy disease.
Vitamin A also helps us fight infections. It can be found in two types of food. Vitamin A is already present in many animals and animal products such as meat and milk. It can be consumed as a part of daily diet. Let us know from which foods can we get Vitamin A for vegetarians.
You can consume these foods for Vitamin A
- Dark green leafy vegetables like spinach
- Sweet potatoes
- Colorful vegetables like carrots and bell peppers
- Yellow colored fruits like papaya and mango
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt
Vitamin D is beneficial for strengthening our immunity. These vitamins can be obtained when our body comes in contact with sunlight. Vitamin D works to strengthen our bones and teeth. Vitamin D can be obtained from sunlight. Apart from this, you can also get it through some foods.
You can consume these foods for Vitamin D
- Salmon and Tuna Fish
- Fortified milk
Vitamin E acts as a powerful antioxidant in our body. This helps in keeping the infection away. It also prevents the formation of clots in the arteries of our heart. Vitamin E can be found mainly in oils, nuts, seeds and a variety of fruits and vegetables.
You can consume these foods for Vitamin E
Zinc is a mineral that is found in small amounts in our body. It produces new cells. It is in small quantity. That’s why we should consume zinc regularly to increase immunity.
- Baked Beans
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt
- Red meat
- Chickpeas and lentils
- Pumpkin, Sesame and Hemp Seeds
- Peanuts, Cashews and Almonds
- Grains like wheat and rice
IMMUNITY AFTER COVID
- It is essential to understand the transmission and the effect of the virus which has made it a pandemic. Covid 19 has its place to the coronavirus family, which includes the SARS virus (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and MERS (Middle East Respiratory Symptoms) virus. The family of Coronavirus includes virus strains that cause the common cold and flu.
- Covid 19 primarily infects the lungs of affected individuals and in severe cases it causes’ death.
- A person who is immune-compromised has easier to get an infection and diminishes the ability to fight the infection.
- When a person with a weakened immune system does get an infection, it tends to be more serious because it affects more organs and causes more damage to their body.
- In covid the respiratory system is the most commonly affect. However, the virus can affect any organ in the body, or multiple organs are often affected. COVID now infected more than one lakh people and killed nearly 3,500 individuals around the world everyone is focusing on preventive measures, at least until an effective cure is found. With the help of some ayurvedic herbs people can overcome with this illness.
- As people want to keep themselves protected from covid, Ayurveda experts have stressed that medicinal herbs such as amla, giloy, shilajit and neem are helpful in strengthening the immune system which is key to fighting the deadly virus.
- Chywanprash – daily enhances immunity and it may help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Amla (Emblica Officinalis) – Strong immunity is necessary to fight any kind of foreign body or disease.
- Guduchi/Glioy (Tinospora Cordifolia) – increase immunity and prevent infection.
- Neem (Azadirachta Indica) – anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that help keep your skin clean, radiant and healthy. Neem also has blood-purifying properties. It helps clear toxins and impurities from the blood leaving you with a strengthened immune system
- Kutki (Picrorhiza Kurroa) – Kutki protect, decongest and detoxify the liver and bile ducts, support healthy external skin, maintain the integrity of the intestinal and respiratory inner skin, and maintain healthy lymphatic, antioxidant and immune function.
- Tulsi (Basil) – Tulsi is rich in Vitamin C and zinc. It thus acts as a natural immunity booster and keeps infections at bay. It has immense anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties which protect us from a variety of infections.