MANAGING CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES WITH AYURVEDA
- 09 May, 2023
- Posted by admin
- 0 Comment(s)
Cardiovascular disease refers to a set of illnesses that affect the heart and blood arteries. One or more areas of the heart and blood arteries are often affected by these disorders. A person with CVD may or may not exhibit symptoms.
The cardiovascular or circulatory system is in charge of the body’s overall blood circulation. The heart, veins, arteries and blood capillaries make up the cardiovascular system’s major structural components. Cardiovascular disease develops when one component of cardiovascular system is compromised.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE?
There are different types of cardiovascular diseases which includes :
- Valve Diseases : Four valves in the heart keep blood flowing in right direction. Sometimes, one or more valves fail to function correctly , causing a disruption in the blood flow from the heart to the body. This condition is known as Valve disease.
- Heart Failure : Shortness of breath and fluid retention are caused by problem with the pumping and relaxing actions of the heart.
- Arrhythmia : Irregular heart rhythms or heart rates may results from problem with the electrical conduction system in heart.
- Coronary Artery Disease : Narrowing or blockage of coronary arteries, generally because of plaque buildup is known as Coronary artery disease.
- Aortic Disease : Any issue, like aneurysm or dilatation of the major blood artery that distributes blood from heart to brain and rest of the body.
- Pericardial Disease : Heart’s lining may be damaged, leading to pericarditis and pericardial effusion.
- Peripheral Artery Disease : Narrowing or blockage of blood vessels of arms, legs or abdominal organs.
- Congenital Heart Disease : The congenital abnormality in heart’s architecture that causes cardiac problems.
WHAT ARE THE RISK FACTORS OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES?
There are certain factors that tends to increase the risk of developing Cardiovascular diseases in individuals. The factors includes :
- High cholesterol
- Type 2 diabetes
- Family history of heart condition
- Tobacco use
- Being obese or overweight
- Intake of diet rich in sugar, sodium and fat
- Pre-eclampsia or toxemia
- Chronic inflammatory or auto-immune conditions
- Lack of physical exercise
- Alcohol abuse
- Chronic kidney disease
- Gestational diabetes
- Drug abuse
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES?
The common symptoms experienced by individuals with cardiovascular diseases are :
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of legs
- Cramps or pain in legs while walking
- Chest pressure, heaviness or discomfort
- Red or cold skin on legs
- Difficulty in talking, walking or seeing
- Numbness in limb or face on mainly one side of body
- Leg sores that heals slowly
PREVENTIVE MEASURES :
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Eat healthy and balanced diet
- Be physically more active
- Stop smoking
- Keep blood pressure and cholesterol levels under control
WHAT AYURVED SAYS ABOUT CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES?
These ailments fall under the term Hridroga in ayurveda. In body , doshas get vitiated as a result of exposure to etiological factors including consuming hot or sour food, injuries, fear, over thinking, fright etc. The rasa dhatu is impacted by the vitiated doshas and the doshas along with vitiated rasa dhatu get localize in heart , thus causing obstructions that hinders cardiac function. This leads to development of Hridroga.
- Siro dhara
WHOLESOME DIET ACCORDING TO AYURVED :
- Green gram
- Bitter gourd
- Pointed gourd
CHANDIGARH AYURVED CENTRE MEDICATION FOR CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES :
1. Trikatu Syrup
Trikatu Syrup helps to eliminate excess Kapha or mucous from the body, supports respiratory system, manages weight, helps to take out impurities or ama from the body, supports healthy detoxification, reduces swelling. It shows anti-inflammatory, analgesic, expectorant, antioxidant properties. This syrup is made up of equal parts of three herbs such as Pippali (Piper longum), Shunthi (Zingiber officinale), & Marich (Piper nigrum) that maintains the metabolism in the body. The regular use of this syrup balances the thyroxine hormone and treats hyperthyroidism naturally. It is an Appetizer and it improves digestion, supports normal gastric function, and normal circulation.
Recommended Dosage – Take 2 teaspoonful twice daily before meals.
2. Kapha Balance Tablet
Kapha tablet is a healthy blend of herbs formulated to balance Kapha doshas without aggravating Pitta and Vata doshas. It can also be used to alleviate any temporary Kapha imbalance. It is very effective in Kapha season that is late winter and spring. It consists of warming and astringent herbs that help to balance the system throughout the cold season. The main use of Kapha tablets is to remove excess Kapha doshas from the system and helps in the management of weight, healthy lungs, and the immune system.
Recommended Dosage – Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
3. Heart Up Tablet
Heart Up Tablet is a unique formulation and is very effective in the treatment of heart diseases and related symptoms. It acts as a cardioprotective and anti-arrhythmic medicine providing strength to the heart muscles and maintains heart rate. This medicine is very useful in relieving pain and maintains blood optimum viscosity.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily with normal water.
4. Nerve up tablet
Nerve up tablets help in balancing the vata doshas & kapha dosha, and acts as nervine stimulant. It shows effective results in improving the central nervous system. It contains natural ingredients like shudha kuchala, shudha shilajeet, praval pishti, shankh bhasma etc. This tablet helps in memory boosting, reduces stress, act as immune-modulator. It also shows effective results in disorders of heart and circulatory system.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily.
5. Active Plus Tablet
Active plus Tablet is a pure herbo-mineral formulation prepared from best quality of herbs. This tablet is best for person mental and physical health, also helps to boost up the immunity. The herbal ingredients present in these tablets are used to maintain person’s health and refreshes the mind and body. These tablets improves digestion, eliminates constipation, stress, nourishes brain, acts as antioxidant, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, etc.
Recommended Dosage– Take 1 tablet twice daily.