PATRA PIND SWEDAN
- 28 Apr, 2023
- Posted by admin
- 0 Comment(s)
Patra means leaves and swedan means steam. It is basically steam inducing procedure. As the body starts sweating in the Swedana treatment, stiffness, heaviness, and coldness are eliminated.In this procedure leaves of medicated herbs is used which having analgesics, anti-degenerative and anti-inflammatory properties. These herbs help to reduce pain and inflammation of affected and painful part.
PRE-PROCEDURE OF PATRA PIND SWEADAN
For Patra Pinda Sweda Ayurvedic treatment, the following medicinal leaves are generally used.
Eranda (Ricinus communis)
Nirgundi (Vitex negundo)
Arka (Calotropis gigantean)
Dhatura (Dhatura metal)
Shigru (moringa leaves)
Other ingredients used in this therapy are lemon, coconut grating, Saindhava Lavana, Methika, Rasnadi churna, etc.
For the procedure, fresh leaves are collected and cut down into small pieces. They are then heated in a non-stick pan in herbal oil, along with other ingredients. After the mixture is fried, it is tied in a clean cloth to form a bolus of Patra Pinda.
PROCEDURE OF PATRA PIND SWEADAN
The heating apparatus is maintained at a constant temperature, and the bolus is frequently dipped in the warm oil while rubbing the body with mild pressure. The fomentation given in Patra Pinda Sweda therapy is carried out in seven postures like that of Abhyanga massage so that all the parts of the body are equally fomented.
The fomentation lasts for 5-10 minutes in each posture. A uniform temperature of the bolus is maintained throughout the procedure by dipping it in the heated mixture of medicated decoction and milk.
The procedure completes after sweating is induced. After that, individual advised to take rest for an hour and bathe with warm water. A light diet after the procedure is recommended.
INDICATIONS OF PATRA PIND SWEDAN
Patra Pinda Sweda is beneficial for the following conditions.
- Back pain or body ache
- Sports injuries
- Chronic pains
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Post-traumatic dysfunctions
CONTRAINDICATIONS OF PATRA PIND SWEDAN
- People with skin allergies are not recommended to undergo Patra Pinda Sweda therapy.
- It is not recommended for people with sensitive skin as well because symptoms like redness and itching may develop due to the application of heat.
- Fomentation should be avoided on the parts that have an acute inflammation.
- Patra Pinda Sweda is contraindicated for pregnant women and people with diabetes.
- Other conditions where it is contraindicated are certain cardiac problems, hemorrhagic disorders, indigestion, fractures, acute illness, and extreme fatigue.
PATRA PINDA SWEDA BENEFITS
- Delays the age-related degeneration of joints
- Improves the range of movements of the joints
- Prevents water retention in the joints
- Improves blood circulation in the body
- Soothes the nerves and offers relief from neuralgic pain caused by nerve disorders
- Helps to eliminate toxins from the body through sweatin
- Improves the sensory and motor functions in people with paralysis
- For more information about Patra Pinda Sweda Ayurvedic treatment, please contact us. You can also check out our scientifically-designed and certified yoga courses, as well as yoga retreats.