WHAT ARE TENDON INJURIES? AYURVEDIC TREATMENT TO CURE IT NATURALLY
- 21 Jan, 2022
- Posted by admin
- 0 Comment(s)
- Tendons join muscles to bones, ensuring joint movement. With progressive age, tendons become more susceptible to degeneration followed by injuries.
- A common sports injury is a strain, which is damage to a tendon or the muscle to which it connects. The injury can be very painful.High strains may take weeks or months to heal.
- Trauma from falling or may be suddenly twisting a tendon can cause a strain. People who are inactive may be more susceptible to strains, especially if they suddenly become active or practice muscle weakness because of inactivity.
- Bruising to the skin
- General weakness in the knee joint
- Numbness in the knee due to damage to nerves
- Inflammation along the outside of the knee
- Tenderness around the ligament
- Sensation feel during movement
- Numbness in your fingertip
CAUSE:-Following causes for tendon injury,such as:-
- Any cut on arm,hand and fingers.
- Certain sports activities can cause tendin injuries
- Rock climbing
- Certain health condition like Rheumatoid arthritis
- Long-term steroid use
- DIAGNOSIS:-It may include:-
- Physical examination
- Evaluation of range of tendons
- Age:- The peak age for Achilles tendon rupture is 30 to 40.
- Sex:- Tendon rupture is up to five times more likely to occur in men than in women.
- Recreational sports
- Steroid injections
- Certain antibiotics
Warm-up your body before any activity
- Avoid during too much exercise
- Always use proper technique and body mechanics when playing
AYURVEDIC VIEW FOR TENDON INJURY:-
- According to Ayurveda, tendons are considered to devlop from the Rakta dhatu . The Rakta dhatu is managed by the pitta dosha and, hence any tendon related problem may comes under the Pitajja vyadhi.
- According to ayurveda this is a pitta kapha vitiation which will result in vata kopa and results in difficulty in movements, in acute cases mainly pitta get vitiated and results in kapha and vata vitiation, this condition can easily be cured with special external treatments and internal medicines.
- In chronic conditions due to kapha dosha it can take In both cases the main line of treatment contains increasing circulation and reducing degeneration along with rejuvenation of destroyed muscle fibers.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR TENDON INJURY:-
- The treatment process includes panchakarma therapies, internal medications, and Advice of food and life style changes.In Panchkarma therapies involves Panchakarma :-
- PATRA POTTALI SWEDAN
- SHASTIK SHALI PIND SWEDAN
- KASHAYA SEKA
- STHANITHANIKA BASTI
SOME AYURVEDIC MEDICINE USED IN TENDON INJUERY:-
- RASANASAPTAK KWATH
- YOGRAJ GUGGUL
- VATAVIDHVANSAK RASA
- SAHCHARADI KASHAYA
- Drinking lot of water helps to keep hydrated and avoid vitiation of vata.
- Avoid pitta increasing foods like hot,spicy, sour and fermented foods
- Lepa (pastes of herbs/ ointment) prepared sheeta and madhur rasa herbs to heal the injury faster
- Citrus fruit like lemon, oranges and tangerines are good source of Vitamin C and may help in preventing sprains.
LIFESTYLE CHANGES :-
- Provide satisfactory rest to the injured part
- Do oil massage with mustard oil mix turmeric on the injured area
- Provide warmth through Sweden karma (Sudation)
- Cold Compresses:- A cold compress helps ease pain and swelling, two main symptoms of tendon injury. It will also help to relax the affected muscles.
- Warm Wraps or Elastic Bandages:- Use warm wraps or compressive, elastic bandages to reduce the stress placed on the affected muscles. This will help to decreases swelling and pain and speeds up the healing process.
- Massage:- This is another benificial way to treat tendon injury. A gentle massage will help increase circulation, relax the muscles, and reduce inflammation and stiffness. For massaging, can use mustard oil,coconut and olive oil.
- Castor Oil:- Castor oil to ease the symptoms of tendon injury. The oil is mainly contained of ricinoleic acid, which act as anti-inflammatory agent. Do gentle massage with castor oil on the affected part 2 or 3 times a day. This helps relieve pain and reduce inflammation of the tendon.
Vitamin E:- Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant that helps to relieve inflammation and pain . Vitamin E also improves circulatory function, which reduces inflammation and promotes healing process.
AYURVEDIC HERBS USED IN TENDON INJURY:-
CAC SPECIAL MEDICATION FOR TENDON INJURY:-
- RASAYAN VATI
- ASTHI JOD TABLET
- AYUVITA TABLET
- CURCUMIN CAPSULES