- When body exposed to high temperature in combination with low water intake
- Dehydration occurs when you use or lose more fluid than you take in, and your body doesn’t have enough water and other fluids to carry out its normal functions
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS OF DEHYDRATION
- muscle cramps
- Pale and sweaty skin
- Extreme heat
- Alcohol consumption
- Stomach bugs
- Dark decreased urine
- Sticly dry mouth
CAUSES OF DEHYDRATION:
- Diarrhea, vomiting – diarrhea and vomiting can cause loss of water and electrolytes
- Higher fever dehydrated you may become
- Excessive sweating. You lose water when you sweat.
- Hot, humid weather increases the amount you sweat and the amount of fluid you lose.
- Increased urination.
- Certain medications
- Excessive use of lexatives
NATURAL CURE TO HYDRATE BODY:
- INCREASE YOUR WATER INTAKE
- YOGURT – yogurt is an effective remedy for dehydration caused by diarrhea or vomiting. It is a good source of electrolytes
- WATER RICH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES –
-FRUITS – watermelon, oranges, peach, apple, grapes
-VEGETABLES – cucumber, tomato, green cabbage, spinach, broccoli
- BANANAS – dehydration results in loss of essential minerals like potassium in the body banana is rich in potassium bananas can help restore this important mineral in the body
- COCONUT WATER – the high electrolyte content of coconut water makes it an extremely hydrating drink.
- BUTTERMILK – it replenishes the essential minerals that are lost during excessive sweating
- BARELY WATER – the nutrients in barley help replenish minerals lost with dehydration
- LEMON WATER
- CRANBERRY SOUP
- APPLY COLD COMPRESSES
Effective Herbs That Will Help You Deal With Dehydration:
CHAMOMILE – Chamomile is a great re-hydrating agent it has also analgesic properties
- ELDERFLOWER – helps in reducing the body temperature
- ASPARAGUS – asparagus helps the body to retain fluids it prevents from dehydration It is rich in fiber that stimulates absorption of water in the body also cools down your body temperature in this heat.
- LICORICE (MULETHI). It helps in cooling your body temperature
- Keep yourself hydrated in hot and sunny weather and before going outside
- Choose food items with high water content.
- Don’t drink coffee, soda, tea before workout
- Avoid working in intense sunlight
- Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day
- Increase fluid intake during the time of illness
- Carry water bottle when going out.
- Avoid alcohol during dehydration.
- Rest in a cool place after workout
- Avoid too much fruit juice, because of sugar in it can raise your blood sugar levels.